Latino Leadership Development Program
Lists of Past & Current Participants:
Who Should Apply?
- Latinos in the public or private sector that want to increase their leadership and management skills in a year long program
- Latinos interested in interacting with experienced community leaders in the public and private sector
- Latinos interested in creating a network of resources
- Latinos interested in being considered as candidates for effective leadership and service on public and private policy-making bodies.
What will you learn?
- Identification of Your Personal Style
- Leadership Styles
- How to be a Person of Influence
- What is the future of Latinos in this country? (Demographics)
- The Role of Government and Public Policy
- Economic Overview
- The Role of Business and Economic Development
- International Trade
- The Importance of Community Service/Philanthropy
- Cultural Contributions
- Presentation Skills
- Communication/Problem-Solving Skills
- How to Coach for Improved Performance as a Manager
- Working with the Media
- Strategic Planning
- Negotiation Skills
- Management Skills
- Project Implementation
- What is Upper Management Looking For?
- Change Acceleration Process (CAP)
Who will present the information?
- Faculty from Oregon State University
- Faculty from Portland State University
- Faculty from the University of Oregon
- City, County and State Elected Officials
- Executive Managers, CEO's in the public and private sector
How do I apply?
- Click here to download an application (tentative dates are on the application).
- Submit a completed application by May 30, 2013 to:
Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber
Attn: Latino Leadership Development Program
PO Box 1837
Portland, Oregon 97207
How much does it cost?
- $2,500 per person for the year long program (Must be paid before September 5, 2013)
Note: A limited number of scholarships are available